Monday, September 8, 2008

My son the builder

We have a very rustic hunting shack about 40 miles north of our house. No electricity and no running water. This land belonged to my father and his brothers and when my father passed away his portion was given to my brother and myself. We spend quite a bit of time up there together as a family. Last Saturday my husband and son went up there to make firewood. When they came home Luke told me he had made a shed for his toy trucks with some cement blocks that were up there. In my mind I'm picturing a "shed" maybe 2 cements blocks long by 2 cement blocks high. The four of us went back up there on Labor Day to get some more work down. We drive up to the shack and I see his "shed" for the first time and my mouth dropped. I couldn't believe my eyes. This "shed" was 4 feet wide by 6 feet long by 4 feet high. He had even found some tin sheeting and made a roof for his "shed". I just couldn't believe it. My husband said that he moved every single cement block by himself. He is one creative kid. Here's the "shed".

1 comment:

~Denise~ said...

That's pretty darn cool!