Friday, November 7, 2008

My Dad

Well I hadn't planned on writing about my dad tonight but I was reading another blog and she was talking about her father passing away and I started crying. So as long as the tears were flowing I decided I might as well write my own blog about my dad.

My dad passed away 8 years ago from a heart attack. I can remember the details of that day so vividly. I remember it being a crazy day at work. I had the payroll to finish and a bunch of other work. I had arranged to pick up my niece and nephew from their sitter because my brother in law had to work a night shift that week. We got to my house and made chicken nuggets and french fries. As I was doing the dishes I got the dreadful call from my mother. My mom said that my dad had a heart attack and that she had done CPR on him and the paramedics had just taken him to the hospital. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. We dropped my niece and nephew off at my in laws and rushed to the hospital. My brother happened to be working with my brother in law and we called his cell phone to tell my brother. I remember the doctors coming in and telling us that they did revive him but there was no brain activity. I couldn't believe it. My dad was gone. We all gathered around my dad and said good bye.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of my dad. I miss him so much. I have to drive past where he worked every day on the way to my work. Most days I drive by without any tears. But there are other days that the tears just start coming and don't seem to end. I went into labor with my son on the 2nd anniversary of his death. Luckily Luke wasn't born until the next day. Both my kids have part of my dad in there name. My dad's name was Brian. Luke's middle name is Brian and my daughter is named Brianna. I wish so much that he could be here to share in my kids lives. Even though my kids will never meet their grandpa I make sure to tell them how wonderful their grandpa really was. I know he wasn't perfect but to me he was. He wil always be my daddy.

I love you and miss you so much daddy!